of the Month – Michelle M.
LRNA is implementing a Yard of the Month Program. Many residents go to a lot
of expense and spend an enormous amount of time to make their landscaping
attractive. The LRNA Board appreciates their efforts and wants to recognize these
homeowners. Below are just a few examples of the beautiful work that has been
done. Remember, every home owner or renter is under obligation by the covenants
of LR to maintain a weed-free, properly mowed, lawn and landscape. Let's all
try our best to make our neighborhood look good. A bad yard often gets more
noticed and that is not right - do your part. And be sure to sweep your grass
clipping off the street - no one wants your trash blowing their way.
Yard of the Month
The purpose of the Yard of the Month Program is to
promote goodwill and reward exemplary lawn and property maintenance in
the Lakeridge Run neighborhood. The Program will recognize and
support Lakeridge Run neighbors who demonstrate exceptional efforts
to maintain and improve their property in a manner that contributes to the
overall appearance of the community at large.
Yard of the Month candidates will be judged solely on
the total exterior appearance of their property and front yard as viewed from
the street. General upkeep of the yard and property is paramount.
1. The program will be managed by a Yard of the Month
Committee of volunteers chaired by a Director who will Chair the Committee and
oversee the program.
2. All current Lakeridge Run properties are
automatically eligible by default.
3. Award winners are selected based on the judging
criteria, factors and guidelines listed on this document.
4. The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of
the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
5. An award duration term is approximately a single
calendar month and runs until the following month winner has been notified.
Durations may vary due to judging schedules and holidays.
6. Recipients receiving awards in the middle of the
month shall be asked to surrender the "yard of the Month" sign once
the following month winner has been selected.
7. The same property cannot receive more than one award
in the same rolling twelve-month calendar period. At least 12 months must
elapse between awards for the same yard.
8. House and property must be in good order and upkeep.
9. Yard of the Month winners must be current with their
10. Winners may be disqualified if their property is in
violation of any HOA covenants or city regulations.
11. While an individual's home is being recognized as
a LRNA "Yard of the Month," they are expected to maintain their
yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
12. Winners must be willing to have
photos of their yard taken and published in the Neighborhood Newsletter and on
the LRNA website.
13. Street curbs and areas must be
swept and trash free.
General Judging Factors
Factors include the overall appearance, tidiness and
neatness of the front of the property as evidenced by pruned, trimmed and
shaped foliage, edged and defined lawns, borders & flowerbeds, and a
visually appealing facade. Judges will utilize the following factors when
selecting Yard of the Month candidates:
a. Yard Maintenance
(1) Healthy lawn, neatly mowed and edged
(2) Pruned and trimmed shrubs and trees
(3) Healthy, living plants
(4) Minimum weeds in flowerbeds
(5) Yard free of debris and clutter
(6) Driveway free of oil and other stains
(7) Buildings, fences, porches, and patios on the
property are in good repair
(8) House numbers are displayed attractively
b. Design and Landscaping
(1) Use of color and texture
(2) Creative, unique curb appeal
(3) Balance appropriate to house and lot size
(4) Overall aesthetic appeal
(5) Pleasing appearance making the property an asset to
c. Holiday Spirit
(1) Use of materials – lights, sounds, inflatables,
(2) Creative use of holiday imagery and symbols
(3) Unique, inventive and thoughtful layout
Award winners will generally be selected as close to
the beginning of the month as possible.
All award winners receive an official "Yard of the
Month" lawn-sign, to be placed on their property for the duration of their
award. Winners will receive a write-up in the Neighborhood Newsletter.
The LNRA congratulates all "Yard of the
Month" award selections and encourages all neighbors to join the efforts
of these homeowner’s in keeping their yards and homes beautiful.
All residents of the Lakeridge
Run neighborhood are eligible to be Yard of the Month Volunteer Judges.
The Yard of the Month Committee Chair (Director) will serve as a Judge or will
designate the Volunteer Judges a month(s) for which they will select and
nominate two to three candidates as potential winners.
1. Judges will utilize the Criteria, Factors and
Guidelines within in this document to select Yard of the Month candidates.
2. The Chair (Director) will communicate with the
current LRNA members to ascertain whether any of their candidates are
delinquent in their Association dues or are in violation of any covenants or
3. Judges will advise the Yard of the Month Committee
Chair of their selection prior to notifying the homeowner/resident. Judges’ decisions
are final following review by the Chair for eligibility.
4. Volunteer Judges will provide the Yard of the Month
Committee Chair with the following:
(a) Names of the residents of the property.
(b) Three to five photographs of the yard suitable for
Newsletter and website publication.
(c) A short narrative describing the yard and what
makes it deserving of the Yard of the Month award.
The Lakeridge Run Neighborhood Association is
dedicated to improving the quality of living and appearance of our community.
We encourage residents to take pride in their homes and neighborhood. In turn,
we look to celebrate those who do a superior job in maintaining their yards in
such a way that they enhance the overall curb appeal of the entire community.
Approved by LNRA: June 3, 2015 Michelle
Mohler, board member
If you have an idea for the newsletter, you may submit that
information (non-commercial) to LRNA@coxinet.net.
Please put “Newsletter” in the subject line. Ideas must be submitted by the 15th
of the month to be included.